Today I show you the supper easy way to make half circle skirt pattern. Circle skirts are really easy to make but I have the perfect, quick and easy tutorial to help you make a circle skirt in any size. Circle skirt is one of the 10 basic skirt patterns which you will use its method in drafting other parts of garment.
The half circle skirts is less full, more casual skirt and take less fabric comparing to full circle skirt.
Tools and Supplies needed for drafting Circle Skirt
- Pattern paper
- Skirt length
Half Circle skirt Math
- Trace the pattern paper over the surface.
- Take your waist measurement and divide by 3.14 to get the waist radius.
W = ( Waist / 3.14 )
- take your length measurement and add it to the waist radius to get the hem radius
Hem radius = skirt length + Waist radius
- A-B : Hem radius
- A-M : waist radius
- A-C : Hem radius
- A-N : waist radius
- Hold one end of your measuring tape at point A and mark a series of points from M to N in the same lenght of your Waistline radius. Draw the Waistline of your Skirt by connecting these points.
- Draw your Hem in the same manner as the Waistline, but use your Hem radius to find the distance of the points from point A.
The half Circle pattern is finished. The skirt can have one seam in back so trace the pattern on Fold the fabric and cut it.