Hello Darling, today you will learn how to draft A-line skirt based on one dart pattern. I named it A-line skirt type 1. This is one of the basic patterns that you will probably use its drafting techniques in other parts of the garment like slave. A-line skirt type 1, doesn’t have any dart in front and back pattern, but it is different from basic flared Skirt. It has more sweep that the basic flared skirt.
Drafting an A-line skirt type 1 is simple, so prepare your basic skirt pattern, and follow the Steps.
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR DRAFTING A-Line SKIRT Type 1
Drafting A-line Skirt (Type 1)
- Trace your basic skirt pattern
- Draw lines from the dart points to the hemlines parallel the center lines in both front and back pattern .
- Cut this lines from the hemline of the skirt to the tip of the dart.
- From dart tip, cut both side of dart legs.
- Connect top of dart legs. Spread each side desired excess.
- Lay pattern paper under the fullness of pattern and glue them.
- Cut and separate front and back pattern
- Your pattern is ready, the only remaining process is the remeasuring the waist-line.